8 things I learned in the last 3 years


I have literally no idea how I came up with this post. 
Probably I just feel like something is ending right now, as I'm almost on the finish line to my college graduation (although I still have to study there for 3,5 months and then have a final internship and final project). It just feels like this. Srsly Idk

However, the last three years that I spent in college and kind of started a new page after school, have taught me quite a lot. These are just a few things that I could actually come up at the moment and put into words.

I realised that I can count and rely only on myself. My grandmother always told me that, but I never really thought about it. Surely I have friends that I can count on as well, but when it comes to something very important or personal I would rely only on myself. At the end, we're all selfish at some point and if you want/need something it's only you who have to work on it, not someone else and you should count only on your own self.
I also understood that it's only me who can decide what is better for me. And listening to my head and my heart will help to make the right decision. No one except me would make a choice for me. It's always only you who knows what you need. Not your family, not your friends and not anyone else, only you.
So at making choices I would rely only on myself as well ;)
I already told that when I graduated school my self-confidence was somewhere around zero. I was so nervous about what people are going to think of me, I was full of complexes and never felt beautiful. Then I understood that no one has to look a certain way to be and feel beautiful. It's still something that I believe in. I finally stopped comparing myself to others. I used to do it literally my whole life. But now I see that comparing yourself doesn't help you to be a better person, it just drops your self-esteem down.
And I also realised that overthinking & overimagining isn't good. I used to overthink. I've always stressed myself out with problems that actually weren't important and weren't worth stressing, I cared way too much about other people's thoughts and reactions. I'm not done with overthinking yet, but at least I'm trying.
Having a good friend for 10 years and then losing her has taught me that leaving people is okay. It's a natural process of life - you lose someone, but then get someone as well. I can feel it especially now, when there's a possibility of losing friends again.
The next thing may be quite weird for someone, but I wanted to include it. I believe that there always are signs to see. I believe that if I do something right and chose the right path I always get a response. I have no clue where I got this from as much as I have no idea how to describe it.
I also know by now that everything that should be yours, will be. Maybe now it's just not the right time, but if it's meant to be yours, it will come to you :)

It would be nice to know what are the biggest and the most important things that you have realised by now and how long did it take you to realise :)
xx, D

Related posts:

Instagram