The Christmas Tag!



Hello! It looks like I'm starting a festive season on my blog today!

I was tagged for the Christmas tag by lovely Abi from According To Abi.
Before I actually start answering questions, I want to say that I live in Russia and we celebrate New Year greater than Christmas. So that tag is "between" Christmas and New Year (and maybe for some of you it would be interesting to learn something from Russian culture :))

1 \\ What is your favorite thing about Christmas?
Well, I think my favorite thing about Christmas and the whole festive season is that feeling or atmosphere of happiness and magic. And the excitement for spending time with my family and friends, for gifts and, finally, for something new. 

2 \\ What is your favorite Christmas movie/s?
I guess it's Corpse Bride (yes, I'm aware it's more Halloween-ish) and The Nightmare before Christmas. A bit dark and gloomy, but yes haha

3 \\ Real tree or fake tree?
Well, when I was little for every Christmas and New Year we had a real tree. So the real tree reminds me of my childhood. But now we have the fake one for a few years already and I think that I'm team fake.

4 \\ Giving presents or receiving them?
Definitely giving! I love seeing my favorite people opening gifts and their reactions! So excitiiiiing!

5 \\ Do you open your presents on Christmas morning or evening?
As I said we mostly celebrate New Year, so we open presents the night from December 31 to January 1.

6 \\ What tops your tree?
It's a usual red + glitters Christmas tree topper.

7 \\ As a kid what was the one (crazy, wild, extravagant) gift you always asked for but never received?
It looks like I never was an extravagant kid haha. But really, I always wanted some table games, toys, dolls or something that I always received. But... is kitten a crazy gift? Haha

8 \\ Handmade Christmas cards or bought?
I don't make cards by my own hands cause I'm not good at it (as at any handicraft things), so I give other people the bought ones. But I would love to get a lovely handmade card!

9 \\ What's your favorite Christmas food?
Oooh... That's hard! I love baked potatoes, baked chicken and different salads which is quite difficult to explain because it's from Russian cuisine haha.

10 \\ Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions?
I'm not sure if it's a tradition, but it's the thing that happens every year - we all (I mean family and sometimes friends) cook New Year/Christmas dishes together haha. Talking, laughing and cooking, it's pretty funny :)

Here is it! 

I'm tagging the following people: 

Hayley from HAYLVOGEL

Sonja from Troves and Roses
Laura from FloraLoo Two
Sophie from Sophie Lauren

Feel free to do that tag if you want! I tag you too :)

xx, D

Instagram